September 4, 2007

The Healing Power of Time

One of things that has always made me change my initial reaction to almost everything is the age old fact about the super healing qualities of time. Time heals everything...mighty dangerous words if you ask me. Good or bad no matter how you look at things it's bound to change after some time. and if that is the case then is your reaction in the present incorrect or will it take some years for you to come up with an instant reaction that is not incorrect?

Like for instance take some of the films that we like or liked some time ago. Looking at them in a new perspective changes the way we reacted, doesn't it? I loved Dil Chahta Hain when it came out but now when I look back barring Aamir Khan and Saif Ali Khan's track I don't like anything else in the film. I recall people going crazy about DCH and catching it like 10 times in a month but I never got around watching it more than once. I have a it on DVD but never got around watching it again. Another film I can think of is Minority Report. Hated it the first time around but over the years have started enjoying it with every viewing. Why? Don't have the foggiest. Silence of the Lambs is now one of the films I visit quite often even though I left it midway the first time I saw it. The first thing that comes to your mind when you Silence of the Lambs is the chemistry between Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins but on closer viewing you'd notice they just have three or four scenes together.

My changing preferences doesn't alter anything about these films; it's just that some times we like things for reasons we have no clue about and similarly start hating something for reasons unknown. But what happens when you witness something so stupid that you have no clue why it was made in the first place and the fact that maybe time will forgive it and make it acceptable just drives you nuts? Yes..ladies and gents I am talking about Ram Gopal Verma Ki Aag. I won't bore you with the details but it's bad. I was just thinking that what if all the asinine films that one survives grow on you after some time...?

What if you people start talking about RGV Ki Aag, Cash, Eklavya, Jhoom Barabar Jhoom, Toofan, Jadugar, Sone Pe Suhaga, Delhii Heights, Mangal Pandey, Phool Aur Kaante, Aasmaan Se Ooncha, Kala Dhanda Gore Log, etc. in the same manner I realized how time made me change my opinion. All I can say is be afraid....be very afraid.

0 Responses to “The Healing Power of Time”

Post a Comment

Visitors