January 11, 2008

Ok Ta Ta: Part 2

I must admit that I have been very pleasantly surprised by the TATA Nano. Priced at a 100,000 rupees or $2500, this is the cheapest car in the world and it looks nice as well. The 'people's car' was finally unveiled at the 8th Auto Expo and the world couldn't help but applaud Mr. Ratan Tata.

click to enlarge

There were many cynics who gave up on this and I must confess that I started doubting the existence of this mythical four wheeler myself. I was rude and also dedicated an entire post here called Ok Ta Ta but now things have changed. What impressed me most was a simple statement made by the chairman of Tata Sons; about the price being Rs. 100,000, Mr. Tata said it was difficult but 'a promise is a promise'. This is something that the other, flashier and hipper, head honchos of India Inc. should understand that one can still be a profit making outfit and continue to think about people.

Finally the Indian newspapers have done a little googling on Tata Motors and the news that the auto giant bankrolled a French auto designers ambitious plans to invent a car that runs on compressed air has finally made it to the newspapers. I have already blogged about that here (is there something that I don't blog about...?)

If Nano made the world sit up and take notice world sit up, be ready for a bigger surprise when the gas car called Air Car rolls out.

Image Courtesy: www.boston.com

0 Responses to “Ok Ta Ta: Part 2”

Post a Comment

Visitors